Monday, June 15, 2009

Can You Say That in Church?

Yesterday I taught Steve's SS class because we had another teacher out and he took that class. It's really not my preference to teach a mixed class for a number of reasons. I do really love teaching women though.

We're studying the life of Jesus and were on the transfiguration yesterday. I began with a short "match the statistic to the statement" game about plastic surgery and then posed this question:
Me: "Why are people so willing to spend so much money on cosmetic surgery procedures?"
I waited for a few seconds before this response came:
TC: "Because they're ugly."
Everyone around the table erupted in laughter. It was so unexpected and well, just blatant. It could have been worded better, such as they THINK they are ugly or the world makes them FEEL like they don't measure up but the statement is still true.

In the end though, it goes under the "never thought I'd hear that in church" category. I'm developing quite a list.

No comments: