Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anniversary Top Ten

Here's the top 10 things I love about Steve on our 21st anniversary:

10. He encourages me to stretch and grow--not to settle for what's comfortable and easy.

9. He is gentle. No, this is not a weakness. Strength under control is one way I've heard it said and that's about right.

8. He speaks after thinking. He chooses his words carefully and doesn't waste them. I could learn a lesson here. Maybe there's still hope. I think I'm getting better.

7. He is consistent. He doesn't vary from raging lunatic to hopeless romantic. One of us does, but it's not him.

6. He puts up with me, even when it makes no sense (this probably goes with #2 below).

5. He is a warrior and patriot.

4. He is incredibly handsome. Still makes my heart pitter-patter.

3. He is unbelievably funny. God knew I would need this in a husband.

2. He loves me as Christ loves the church.

1. He is a child of God and puts that relationship first. Yes, even before me--just as it should be.
I realized just now how hard it is to put these in order of most importance. While #1 and #2 are set, the other 8 could be in any order.

Happy Anniversary Blondie. I love you madly. The adventures we've had have been wild and I wouldn't want to ride this train with anyone else. I'd choose you all over again.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awwww... how sweet, Julie. Happy Anniversary!

Sharon said...

WOW!!! 21 years -- that's great, Julie, and I am reminded of both God's goodness and His favor on your relationship--and will pray that it will continue for many more years...blessings,