Monday, August 3, 2009

Delightfully Frightened

That's my latest phrase....delightfully frightened. It encompasses our current status so completely. So here's the big news. I quit one of my jobs on Friday. It isn't something I did in haste, disgust, or anger. I don't hate it (but didn't love it either), I'm not disappointed, it's just time. I've been praying about it. Here's why. It's been an entire year since I've had a day off and 18 months since I've had a week off. I just couldn't keep doing it. The last 6 weeks I've not felt very well and I've seen some signs in my health that are alarmingly similar to when I was first diagnosed with MD. If I don't take heed, I will be sorry.

Something had to go and this was it. I know without a doubt I'm supposed to work at the church, I know I'm supposed to "work" for Steve in his ministry (in quotes because it is really work but no pay), and I know I'm supposed to keep up my household duties. To be honest, this job was just a paycheck and we've really needed it but it's the only thing I knew could go. So how do I plan to make it?

I have no earthly idea. Not a one. But stranger than that, I'm okay with it (those who know me well probably just fell over so I'm sorry for the injury). Delightfully frightened is how I described it to one friend. This means we will start each month in need of a particular amount and we are totally trusting God to come through. The reason I know it will work is because we are doing exactly what God wants us to do and in so doing, He obligates Himself to meet our needs. Obviously the key word is needs.

Let the season of miraculous provision begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie - I am so proud of you! Really, this is growth for you. It's amazing to see how God is working in you.

Jill

Anonymous said...

I've thought about quitting my job too but can't seem to take the leap. I look forward to hearing your stories. Thanks for the email the other day.

Kelly