Saturday, March 6, 2010

Even Though...God is....

This post is a direct result of a song I heard while driving the other day. I actually don't know the title but the phrases that caused me to think about my "thought closet" (to use a phrase from my most recent Bible study) were as follows:
"Though my world is shaking, heaven stands....still...Though my heart is breaking, I'm always in Your hands."
Anyone else singing it?

Plain and simple, that is truth. My thought closet is lacking truth. One thing I've learned through this last study and through this current difficult situation in my life is that there is stuff in my heart I am not pleased to find there. When squeezed, it's just oozing out and I'm not liking it at all. Discarding that junk will be part of the victory as I journey on this path.

But more than that, I've challenged myself to replace the lies I'm believing with truth. I'm purposely leaving out the "even though" portion because these can apply to each of us at different times and I encourage you to fill in the beginning part of the statement yourself.
Even though....The Lord will guide you always, He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame (Isa 58:11).

Even though...Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases (Ps 103:2-3).

Even though...Heal me, O Lord and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

Even though...My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Ps 73:26).

Even though...My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19).

Even though...I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor will I satisfy with food (Ps 132:15).
So, those are a few of the "Even though..God is..." statements I'm working on. I'd love to hear yours!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Even though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil -- your rod and your staff will comfort me Psalm 23

Thanks for this wonderful post, Julie....praying that you will see victory!

Julie said...

That's a good one Sharon! Fear is such a joy robber.