Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Poor Neglected Blog

I'm not sure how a person goes from doing nearly a post a day (at least 5 a week) early on and then all of a sudden POOF! it's like 5 a month.

It's certainly not lack of material. My life is a virtual goldmine for spiritual implications, lessons and the like. I also don't think it's lack of desire. To ponder and muse about things helps me process and occasionally helps a weary sojourner or two along the way. I love that.

I think it's just life. Never have I worked so little yet been so busy. When I think of working I'm referring to paid hours. I don't have too many of those. But work is so much more than that for me these days. 90% of my work time is unpaid, aka ministry opportunities. This is why it was so essential for me to quit my second job.

I've not mastered the balance yet I know I will have to weed some things out. Initially I quit my second job for a few reasons--to serve alongside Steve by supporting HIS ministry and to stay more on top of my home to name just two. There are more not worth the read (as if those were).

This is an interesting season. I'm learning so much which I know is preparing me for the next season, whatever that turns out to be. So while my blog is kind of neglected these days, my mind and body are anything but still and lazy.

One day, one day......

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Julie-

I hear ya on using your blog to process. I realized a couple of weeks ago that the vast majority of my posts are complaints and frustrations and... well, negative. The truth is that I have a lot to be thankful for and good stuff happening in my life too, but my natural response to these things is not to run to my blog and write about it. That needs to change! I don't want my life to be marked by the negativity. I want to show God's goodness and have an attitude of gratitude! :) So, when you mentioned on Sunday that you keep a journal of all the blessings, I thought, WOW! I need to do that.

Thanks for sharing that idea, Julie! :)

And THANK YOU and Steve so much for all that you do! I haven't done my pastors appreciation month stuff yet. But I suppose November is okay, right?

Love you!
Lins

Julie said...

Lindsay, you are seriously so sweet and the thing is, it is so not phony! It's easy to do sweet things once in a while but for it to be who you are, well, that's just special.

Thanks for the kind words and ongoing encouragement all year long. You may not know it but you inspire me too! It's funny how our deposit processing time is always so much more than that.